I’ll update this semi-regularly. Like, when I break a rule too many times, I should probably get rid of it #hypocrite. So here are
LIZ’S SELF-IMPOSED RULES OF WRITING A BLOG (WHICH SHE PROMISES TO FOLLOW AT LEAST A MAJORITY OF THE TIME):
1. Write when you have something to say. Blogging schedules are for chumps and you have long proven yourself incapable of following them.
2. Don’t refer to the reader. Do not be that guy. Your followers are not your disciples and they do not hang onto every word you write. And you only have 29 of them at the time of writing, so get over yourself.
2.5. Ok, don’t ignore the reader either. Referring to the reader can work.
3. Don’t waste the reader’s time. It’s a miracle they’ve even made it here in the first place.
4. Write about things that interest, fascinate, amaze, delight and/or astound you, no matter what they are. Passion is the most important ingredient in writing. It’ll shine through and your diatribe against the atrocity that is home-brand garlic bread will magically become more interesting because of it.
5. Be prepared to break the rules. Duh.